Search engines are essential for bringing in targeted traffic to your website, thus enabling you to make money online with it. Research has shown that almost 75% of web users use search engines to locate new websites.
Here are some tips which will help you to properly submit your site to Google and Yahoo.
1. Before submitting your website, make sure it is search engine friendly. A search engine friendly website should have the following features:
- All the pages of the site should have appropriate titles
- The content is written not for the search engines but for the people.
2. Your website should have good quality inbound links from different websites. Link building is a continuous process. Good quality links from relevant websites will help your site to achieve a high rank in the search engine results. Link building can be done through article marketing, blog commenting, directory submission and other similar methods. You can also exchange links with other relevant websites by writing directly to the owners of the sites with an offer to exchange links.
3. You must place important key phrases in your title tag. Google and Yahoo place a lot of weight on the title tag as it tells them what your website is about. If a keyword is not placed in the title tag, it will be very difficult for your site to achieve a high rank for that keyword.
4. Your site should have sufficient content. The content should be fresh, updated and optimized with important keywords. If your website contains outdated content, Google and Yahoo will not visit your site often and view it as less important. This will prevent your site from getting a high rank in the search engine results page (SERPS)
5. Make sure that you use the right keywords and key phrases for your website. If you use keywords which are not relevant to your topic, it will be useless even if you achieve a high rank for it. There will be no conversions. Again, never use keywords which are too generic as these are highly competitive. Look for keywords which have a good search volume but are less competitive. "Long Tail Keywords" or key phrases containing 2/3 words are good for this purpose.
6. Before submitting your site to Google, Yahoo and even Bing, test the headlines and keywords. You may use PPC advertising to test which keywords and ad copy works best to attract customers. These keywords can be used in your content and the ad copies may be used as headlines for your web pages. Unless you put some effort and hours into making your website or blog SEO optimized, you will have a very hard time making money online with it. Read articles related to SEO, internet marketing and how to best optimize your site or blog to make money online.
Thomas Alling has been working online for 15 years and is a leading internet marketer. He is the owner of the successful, Make Money Online site.
To learn more about making money online, read some of the product reviews featured on the site.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Thomas_Alling